Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Favorite Online Art Courses

Whoa! Can't believe it's been so long since I posted! I was so lucky to be asked to teach at our local Gifted Center for the last 6 weeks of school, filling in for a teacher who was having a baby.  WELL, as it turned out, a position came open at the Center, I applied, and I got the job! I am over the moon with excitement and joy.  I got busy right away studying curriculum, policies and so forth - you know, just REALLY wanting to do a good job.  I've worked really hard and think I'm ready now for the start of school in August, so I'm going to use these last few weeks of freedom to get caught up on the other important things in my life, like art and healing and living and blogging about all of it!

If you've never taken an online art course, you are in for such a treat.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them because you can progress at your own pace and according to your own schedule.  One of my favorite sites for online art courses is Willowing.  Tam is an AWESOME teacher, very cute and funny.  You will enjoy just watching her teaching videos, but once you start following along, you will be amazed at what you can create!  Right now I'm taking her "Magical Mythical Makings" workshop.  I'm painting fairies, mermaids, goddesses and more.  Right now is a great time to sign up for one of Tam's courses because she's celebrating reaching 5000 members on her site with some great give-aways!

Have fun!  And I'll keep you posted as I figure out how to blend my new teaching career with my art, my passion for peace and healing, and life in general.  Hugs to everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment